When it comes to baking, we all love using fruits in our recipes to add flavor and texture. However, some fruits can be difficult to incorporate without changing the consistency of the recipe.
This is where freeze-dried fruits come in, particularly freeze-dried cranberries. These versatile, nutritious, and delicious berries have a long shelf life and can be easily used in a variety of baked goods.
Benefits Of Using Freeze-Dried Cranberries In Baking
- Enhanced Flavor: Freeze-dried cranberries powder has an intense, tangy flavor that makes them a great addition to baked goods like muffins, cookies, and bread.
- Long Shelf Life: Freeze-dried cranberries can last up to two years in a sealed container, making them a great option for bakers who want to keep their pantry stocked with long-lasting ingredients.
- Nutritious: Cranberries are packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and fiber, making them a healthy addition to your baked goods.
- Easy to Use: Unlike fresh cranberries, freeze-dried cranberries are dry and easy to incorporate into your recipe without changing the consistency.
Freeze-Dried Cranberry Baking Recipe: Cranberry And White Chocolate Scones
Ingredients: Cranberry Powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 1/2 cup freeze-dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut in the cold butter with a pastry cutter or fork until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add the freeze-dried cranberries and white chocolate chips, and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk and vanilla extract.
- Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- On a floured surface, turn out the dough and knead lightly.
- Divide the dough into 8-10 equal parts and shape into scones.
- Place the scones on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- Let cool on a wire rack for a few minutes before serving.
These cranberry and white chocolate scones are perfect for breakfast or as a sweet snack. The tartness of the freeze-dried cranberries pairs perfectly with the sweetness of the white chocolate, creating a delicious and balanced flavor profile.
You can also experiment with other baked goods such as muffins, cakes, and cookies by adding freeze-dried cranberries for a burst of flavor and texture. Try incorporating this nutritious and delicious ingredient into your next baking project for a new twist on a classic recipe.